Muslim Society of Memphis was established by a group of concerned Muslims in May of 1978. The main purpose of the Society were to help the Muslims of Memphis and neighboring states practicing Islam and to promote a better understanding between Muslims and people of other faiths. In 1980, the Muslim community purchased the residential property at 1065 Stratford Road and converted it into a functional mosque. The construction of the existing building, Masjid As-Salam was completed in 1984.
The major renovation and expansion was done in the year 2000, which improved the approach appearance of the Masjid, and extended the prayer halls including a separate prayer hall and lounge for sisters equipped with a kitchen, a large meeting room for brothers. In 2005 significant improvements were done to the Masjid As-Salam facility. Major renovations of the washrooms, adding high quality sound system, and increased striped parking areas are just to name a few.
Address: 1065 Stratford Road Phone Number: (901) 685-8905